Tony’s pork and celery
A flavourful recipe that is quick to prepare, and delicious enough to please everyone
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
- 1 lb. boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Flour to coat
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks of celery cut into 3-inch pieces and halved lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Oregano to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Dredge meat in flour, then save the leftover flour.
- Brown the garlic in oil, then remove and discard garlic.
- Brown the cubed pork in olive oil.
- Add enough water to cover meat.
- Reduce flame, add 1/4 cup of wine and sprinkle oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper over meat and simmer for one hour.
- Check once or twice, adding more water if needed and stirring meat.
- Place celery on top of the meat and add remaining wine.
- Simmer for an additional two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add leftover flour, stir.
Serve over a bed of rice or noodles with a side of steamed fresh green beans.