New system provides innovative ways to avoid missing prescription medication
MedCenter Traveler provides a new system to help people remember to take medication on time.
When a person travels it is often difficult to stick to a good routine of taking daily medication. On the road new circumstances, activities or even time changes can make it a challenge to remember when to take your pills. However, this could cause major health issues. Doctors and pharmacists agree that taking medications on a set schedule is crucial for managing health.
MedCenter has designed a unique method for helping people remember when and how many pills they need to take during the day. MedCenter System features a new approach of pill stocking, with days and dates, talking alarms and visual aids. The date is located on each pill box and pill cavity, and there is the visual display of the clock as well as audible alert messages.
Martin Cooper, the inventor of The MedCenter System, explains how the system works:
- Load the entire month's meds into the 31 Daily Pill Boxes and place them into the organizer with their green ends up, showing they are full.
- Set up to four daily alarms to alert you when your medication is due.
- At the beginning of the day, take the correct pill box out of the stand and place it into the "today's pills" tray on the front of the organizer stand.
- A repeating friendly reminder notifies you of the time, the date, and which daily dose to take. "Good morning! Please take your morning pills for the 20th."
- Press the red Alarm Acknowledged button to confirm compliance and the MedCenter Talking Alarm Clock tells you when the next daily dose is due.
- At the end of the day, return the pill box to the stand with the red end up to show the day's pills have been taken.
- Press the green Talk/Time button at any time for an audible notification of the current time and date.
- Press the blue Alarm Check button at any time for an audible notification of the upcoming alarms.
- The clock also features an easy-to-operate talking set procedure for all four alarms, the time and date.
Large easy to read LCD with backlight makes the clock easy to read, even in the dark.
MedCenter can be found in a number of retailers throughout the country, or at look for more information on www.medcentersystems.com.