Top Canadian RV manufacturers: Who is building the RVs you love?
These are some of the most prominent RV manufacturers in the country
Choosing the right RV is important. You have to consider space requirements, budget limits and other crucial factors before making your decision. In Canada there are a number of RV manufacturers, making units of all shapes and sizes to suit every camper's needs.
Here are some of the most popular RV manufacturers the country has to offer:
Northern Lite - Kelowna, British Columbia
Northern Lite is based in B.C., and has been building high-end, lightweight, four-season truck campers for more than 24 years. Their slide-in truck campers are sold across Canada, and internationally.
This manufacturer has the longest structural warranty in the truck camper industry (six years). Northern Lite trailers are made seamlessly (using a design similar to that of a boat), reducing their weight by 15 to 20 per cent, and giving them a lower centre of gravity compared to conventional truck campers.
- Lite series truck campers: These are non-basement, slide-in campers, each with a toilet, sink and shower. They fit on almost any full-size pick-up.
- Sportsman series truck campers: These units come in short-box and long-box versions, and they all boast three-burner cooktops. They are lightweight and can be hauled by 3/4-tonne trucks with no problems.
- Classic series truck campers: The classic series has the lowest-profile heated basement campers offered by Northern Lite. There are models for long- and short-box trucks, and they come with large beds and spacious storage. They are designed for winter camping, as well.
- Ten 2000 EX series truck campers: These are the largest campers built by Northern Lite, measuring 10 feet and 2 inches long. They have large heated basements, allowing for bigger tanks and more storage. They also have queen size beds and offer the most headroom of any truck camper on the market.
- Special Edition Series truck campers: These campers come in three different models and sizes (two long-box and one short-box model). They come standard with a number of features that are usually considered optional, so they have everything you need for four-season camping adventures.
Trillium Trailers - Rocky View County, Alberta
Using industry knowledge gained from more than 20 years of experience, the Trillium founders consistently come up with new and brilliant RV models. They answered their customers' demands by creating a trailer based on the beloved Boler of the 1970s. They call it the Outback, and it is fully decked out with modern amenities and the latest technology.
Trillium also has a parts and services division, and is a family-run business.
- It is simple to repair and maintain.
- It is fuel efficient.
- Its lightweight, two-piece fibreglass shell is exceptionally aerodynamic. It weighs 1,450 lbs dry, so it's easy to tow anywhere.
- This compact unit will fit nicely in your garage when you're not using it.
- While the Outback has a vintage feel, it offers all the modern technology and amenities that RVers have come to enjoy.
Pleasure-Way Class B Motorhomes - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Pleasure-Way is a manufacturer that takes an individualized approach to production (no assembly lines!) Every motorhome is created with care and attention, with more than 400 man hours going into building each unit. The parts are all hand-trimmed, ensuring a perfect, customized fit.
Pleasure-Way also has a rigorous quality-control process, so you know every motorhome is tested and ready to go the distance.
- Ascent: The Ascent model has a wealth of new features, such as rear and side entry door roll-up screen options, a 2,000-watt pure sine wave inverter, multiplex wire with a touch pad display and more.
- Lexor TS: The Lexor TS is constructed on a Ram ProMaster chassis, featuring a 3.6-litre V6 Pentastar gas engine. It measures 20 feet, 11 inches and has rear and side entry door roll-up screens, as well as an option for ultraleather sofa covers.
- Plateau FL: This space-efficient model has a front lounge with two swiveling captain's chairs, which can turn to form a second dining or work space. Each of these units comes with a Corian-topped workstation, 24-inch flat-screen TV, reclining chairs and an optional front table location.
- Plateau TS: The Plateau TS has a twin sofa floorplan, allowing for a large bathroom with a vanity, six-cubic-foot fridge and full-size wardrobe.
- Plateau XLMB: The Plateau XLMB has a mid-coach, walk-around murphy bed, which folds into the wall when not required. When the bed is folded up, you can make use of the ultraleather sofa/daybed for lounging and dining. There is also a full separate Corian-lined shower for added luxury.
- Plateau XLTD: This new addition to the Pleasure-Way widebody line-up offers a spacious floorplan and two twin beds.
- Plateau XLTS: This widebody unit offers a rear power sofa/bed combination, two front cab workstations and a full-sized dry bathroom. There are three large windows in the rear living area, giving you a great view and plenty of natural lighting.
P.S. Check out the latest 2021 models that just came out.
Roadtrek - Kitchener, Ontario
Roadtrek is known for building comfortable, stylish Class B coaches. A while back, the company was acquired by the Erwin Hymer Group, offering a welcome addition to its already impressive line-up of units.
Now boasting European design, German engineering and North American technology, Roadtrek and Hymer motorhomes are a force to be reckoned with in the RV industry. The Hymer and Roadtrek facilities are based in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Aktiv: The Aktiv is an ergonomic, premium recreational van that sleeps four people. The interior has a touch of luxury, with soft-close drawers, molded side cushions and other comforts.
- Aktiv 2.0: The Aktiv 2.0 has additional length (the exterior measures 20 feet, 10 inches), which allows for a platform, king-sized bed. With an upgraded floorplan and power sofa, you will feel right at home.
- Sonne: The Sonne is the company's newest model, and the most petite, at 17 feet, 9 inches long. It offers exceptional comfort and maneuverability.
Leisure Travel Vans - Winkler, Manitoba
Leisure Travel Vans make up a manufacturing company situated in Winkler, Manitoba.
They specialize in building Class C motorhomes, and have established a strong reputation in the RV industry. They make most of the parts on site, which enables them to ensure the high level of quality the business is known for.
- Unity: The Unity model is one of the most innovative Class C units out there. It's built on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter cab chassis, and you can choose between six different floorplans.
- Wonder: The Wonder Class C model was built on the Ford Transit, and it has been designed with space-saving solutions and other useful features.
Escape Trailer Industries - Chilliwack, British Columbia
Escape offers a full line of travel trailers (17-foot, 19-foot, 21-foot and a 21-foot tandem axle fifth wheel), designed for mid-sized towing vehicles.
Escape trailers are made from 100 per cent molded fibreglass, come with a two-year warranty, and they are lightweight and loaded with features.
- The 17-foot Escape: This small yet space-efficient unit can sleep up to four people and has a comfortable galley with ample storage.
- The 19-foot Escape: This model will sleep up to five people, and offers the same natural oak cabinetry and linoleum floors as the other models.
- The 21-foot Escape: This unit is even more deluxe, and packed with amenities. Its aerodynamic design makes it easy to tow.
- The Escape 5.0TA: The Escape 5.0TA is a 21-foot tandem axle fifth wheel that weighs approximately 3,885 lbs - perfect for towing with a mid-sized truck.
Triple E Recreational Vehicles/Leisure Travel Vans - Winkler, Manitoba
- Serenity: The Serenity has a curved fibreglass body that gives it strength and durability. It is built on a Mercedes Sprinter cab chassis, and its aerodynamic exterior lines grant it excellent fuel economy.
- Unity: The Unity series offers five different floorplans to choose from, so you can have a walk-around island bed, twin beds, a corner bed or even a Unity murphy bed. These innovative Class C motorhomes are truly flexible.
- Libero: The Libero features two separate living spaces, front swiveling captain's chairs, an L-shaped sectional sofa and a three-piece dry bathroom.