Quick and easy Pad Thai
A great vegetarian dish with loads of flavour, texture and colour
(NC) After a long day at the office, many Canadians lack the energy and the motivation to even think about dinner, opting to order out instead. In a recent Angus Reid poll commissioned by VH sauces, seven per cent of respondents admitted to having a local take-out restaurant on their speed dial.
But with the right ingredients and a little inspiration in the kitchen, recreating your family’s favourite take-out dishes doesn’t have to be difficult. With new sauces, like VH Thai Market Pad Thai sauce, Canadians can whip up a Pad Thai dish in 30 minutes flat. Loaded with crisp vegetables, crunchy roasted peanuts and a flavourful Asian-inspired sauce, this Pad Thai recipe will have you tossing out your take-out menus for good.
For a quick and easy vegetable Pad Thai, consider the recipe below.
Vegetable Pad Thai with Snow Peas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Onions, finely slivered
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups Red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cups Snow peas
- 1 bottle VH Thai Market Pad Thai Sauce
- ½ package Pad Thai noodles (prepared as directed on package)
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large pan heat oil over medium-high, sauté onions, cabbage, red pepper, carrots and snow peas until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add VH Thai Market Pad Thai Sauce and noodles to pan and toss until heated through. Serve sprinkled with peanuts. To avoid noodles from sticking to the pan turn off heat while tossing with sauce.
More Thai-inspired recipes are available online at www.vhsauces.com.