Hoodoo dill pickle soup
A refreshing recipe from Chef Donovan Sawatzky of the Hoodoo Lounge & Grill
- 6 Dill pickles
- ½ Medium red onion
- ½ Cup of pickle brine
- 2 Litres of whipping cream 35%
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- With a food processor, puree pickles and onions.
- Transfer to a heavy bottom pot and heat on med/high for 5 minutes or until caramelization starts.
- Add pickle brine, bring to simmer.
- Add whipping cream and stir to prevent from separating.
- Maintain simmer and reduce to desired thickness.
- Add pepper.
- Garnish with a dill pickle wedge and a sprig of fresh dill, and serve.
Serves 4 meal size or 8 cup size.