The Abbotsford International Airshow
Designated Canada’s National Airshow, this annual aviation festival allows spectators to watch one of the finest aerobatic performances in the world.
When: August 10 - 12, 2018
Where: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Designated Canada’s National Airshow, this annual aviation festival allows spectators to watch adrenalin-pumping aerobatic performances. The show was ranked among the Top Ten Airshows in the world by USA Today in 2013, and it just gets better each year.
The event will take place at the Abbotsford International Airport YXX, approximately 40 kilometres east of the Port Mann Bridge just off the Trans-Canada Highway. For the first time in 15 years, the show will be welcoming back the US Navy Blue Angels. There will also be demonstrations by the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, the SkyHawks Parachute Demonstration Team, Stearman Aerobatics, Rob Holland, Wild Horse Aviation, Dan Buchanan and other aerial performers.
- More than 14 acres of prime airshow viewing area
- Military and civilian aircraft static displays
- McDonald’s Kids Zone adventure playground
- Interactive displays and exhibits
- Multiple beer and cooler concessions with site-wide licencing
- Souvenirs and food concessions
- Indoor and portable washroom facilities
- Water bottle fill stations and misting tents
Purchase a single-day ticket (valid for any one of the three days), or get a three-day pass wristband if you don't want to miss a thing. Active military and veterans get free admission (valid ID must be presented). There is also a discounted entry fee for kids aged six to 12, and children five and under get in for free.
Buy your tickets by July 31st to get the early bird deal.
Camping and a show - the perfect combination
Camping is available right on site at the Abbotsford Airshow. There is a shuttle that takes you to the airshow grounds from the campground, or you can watch the show from your campsite.
- Portable washroom facilities
- Fresh water (no hook-ups)
- On-site campground hosts
- Complimentary airshow shuttle (admission tickets required)
- Complimentary shuttle to nearby Abbotsford Flying Club (AFC)
- Hot showers available at AFC
- Hot breakfast service at AFC (charge applies)
The weekend camping and admission package includes four nights of camping (Thursday to Monday) and three-day show admission wristbands for six people. The cost of the package is $275 if purchased before July 31st, $300 if bought online August 1st or later, and $325 if purchased at the event.